Saturday 12 January 2013

Questions on creativity

What do you understand by ‘creativity’ and to what extent have you been creative?
To me creativity is to build something original with little reference to a current piece, I feel that I have used this to some degree in my work.
- How have you tried to facilitate and encourage your own creativity?
In all possible areas I have tried to construct ideas that are original, such as in my use of the infinate triangle.
- Did you experience limits/blocks on your own creativity?
Yes due to constraints on budget and equipment some of my ideas were not possible.
- How easy/difficult was it to be creative while still working to the brief?
This was something I found challenging to conform with.- Did working within conventions stifle your creativity?
To a degree yes.
- To what extent did you need to work with others and ‘bounce ideas’ off other people to be truly creative?
This was something I needed to do, especially with my work partner and teachers as well as peers.
How much of your creativity was about trying to picture things in your mind’s eye?
This was the base of much of my creativity.
- How much of your creativity was about trial and error?#
In terms of draft to final work yes.
- To what extent was a lack of confidence an issue in terms of your creativity?

I did not have this constraint.
- To what extent was a lack of technical competence/confidence an obstacle to your creativity?

This created a barrier in my work I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment